Speed-up Course: Business & Legal
Duthler Academy offers a series of three-day training courses, the Speed-up courses, designed to assist your organization get up to speed with the key concepts in privacy and data protection. The first course in the series, Business & Legal, provides a thorough practical grounding in EU data protection laws and regulations. The second course, Accounting,provides guidance on how to ensure compliance with these laws and how to demonstrate this compliance. The third course in the series, Architecture, discusses privacy-enhancing IT architectures and how they conform to data protection laws.
The Speed-up courses are pre-approved by The Royal Netherlands Institute of Chartered Accountants for a maximum of 24 CPE credits for Certified Public Accountants.
- The courses provide a quick and effective way to gain a comprehensive understanding of the privacy and data protection landscape, which helps to move your organization towards sustainable compliance.
- The courses have an interactive style and combine theory with everyday case studies. There is also plenty of opportunity for participants to ask questions relating to their own particular situation.
- The e-learning material is made available in advance and a recommended reading list is provided, to make sure you reap the maximum benefit from the course.
- All course instructors are experienced professionals in their field.
- All participants receive proof of attendance and can take end-of-course exams if they wish to receive a certificate of achievement.
Speed-up course: Business & Legal
The Speed-up course Business & Legal places emphasis on the formal-legal aspects of data protection, privacy and information security. The consequences in terms of governance and compliance issues will be discussed and you will receive practical training in dealing with data breaches. After this Speed-up course you will have a clear picture of your organization’s obligations, as they derive from national and European legislation and regulations. But above all: you will understand what these laws and regulations mean in practice.
- Overview of current privacy legislation (A1a)
- The GDPR and the new privacy rules (A1b)
- Overview of legislation on security and identity management (A1c)
- Governance and compliance in depth (B3b)
- What can and should I do after a data breach? (B4b)
- Overview and insight into your company’s responsibilities and liabilities (C1)
You gain access to the e-learning environment for the six modules and will be able to access this after the Speed-up course. By successfully taking the exams of the six modules, you will make a quick start on the full DPO course at Duthler Academy. You are also eligible to register as aprospectiveDPO in our DPO Register. The remaining modules of the DPO course can then be taken at your own pace.
The Speed-up courses take place on three consecutive days from 9 am to 5 pm, in The Hague at Frankenslag 137, or at one of our locations.
Wat zijn de kosten?
The fee for a three-day Speed-up course is € 2,399 plus VAT per person. A surcharge of € 150 is charged for taking an exam.
Sign up here for a Speed -up course. After registration you will receive access to your personal environment in the training portal.